Standalone Compatibility?

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Dtronlujan

Standalone Compatibility?

Post by Dtronlujan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:51 am

Hi,

How do you make bach objects compatible with Max standalones? When I export a patch as an application, [bach.score] for example, isn't recognized. I'm sure there is an easy solution to this and I've searched this topic on here. But the last post I found is a few years old already.

Thank you for any help!

Daniel

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Standalone Compatibility?

Post by danieleghisi » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:06 am

Hi, it's very simple, you need to copy the whole bach package in the Standalone. If you are using the 0.8.0.1 on the website download page, or - even more so - the Patreon-only pre-release, there is a new tutorial explaining how to do that (go to the extras menu, bach overview, tutorials)

There is no other way. I wish cycling 74 would implement an automatic system to do that, but that is not the case right now (AFAIK)
d

Dtronlujan

Post by Dtronlujan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Thank you SO much!

Daniel

ewanclark

Post by ewanclark » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:00 am

danieleghisi wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:06 am
there is a new tutorial explaining how to do that (go to the extras menu, bach overview, tutorials)
Thanks for this info, but I could not find the relevant tutorial. Would you mind please naming the tutorial or providing a link? I did a search and could not find the term "standalone" inside the bach.overview tutorials at all. I too am trying to get a bach object to function correctly in a standalone app, so far with no luck. Thanks in advance!

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi,

the tutorial is there; go to bach.overview > tutorials > 21 - standalone applications.
However, the good news is that since bach 0.8.1, there's no longer need to do anything special to make bach work in standalones, that's already taken care for you. The tutorial says this in its first slide.

Daniele