Bug starting tutorials? bach.subs

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "cage" environment.
alroli

Bug starting tutorials? bach.subs

Post by alroli » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:52 am

Dear all, I just installed Cage and I'm getting an error when I try to start the tutorials. I click in cage.overview.maxpat to open the tutorials. Then, when I click on any tutorial ("01 Scales And Arpeggi", "02 - Note pathways", or any other) I'm getting an error in the Console:

bach.subs - Address llll can't be null

Then, if I click in the error, it opens this, but I can't figure out what could be wrong :
bach.subs error.png
bach.subs error.png (61.57 KiB) Viewed 32868 times

If I call any cage or bach function it works correctly, it is just the tutorials that doesn't seem to work. For sure this must be some very silly error from my side, but I can't think about what I'm doing wrong, as I just opened the tutorial and I didn't changed anything.

I know that this seems a Bach error, but as it appears when I open Cage I posted it in this forum. I searched but I didn't found anyone with this same error, so I bet that I'm doing something strange, but I don't know what.

I'm using Max 8.0.4, and I tried the latest bach 0.8.0.1+ cage 0.5.0.1, as well as the stable bach 0.7.9+cage 0.4, with the same result. Also, I'm using Mac os High Sierra.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Bug starting tutorials? bach.subs

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi, indeed, it is a quirk that was already fixed for next release.
You can put a [bach.filternull] before [bach.flat] (there's the rub) if you don't want to wait, or otherwise you can access the cage tutorial from the home page of the Max documentation.

Thanks for pointing this out,
d

alroli

Re: Bug starting tutorials? bach.subs

Post by alroli » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer, I'll try that :)

(and sorry for not answer before, I took some days off)