[SHARE] Tribute to dada.graph

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "dada" environment.
TWTP

[SHARE] Tribute to dada.graph

Post by TWTP » Sat May 22, 2021 11:32 pm

Here is a humble tribute to the dada.graph object, a composition employing guided improvisation for singers with earpieces interacting with bACH in real time, based on a chanson by Ockeghem; please enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF8j_fq_wg4

I should note that although there is no microtonality in this rendition, I was mistaken in a previous post about dada.graph not being able to represent microtones, as microtonal display is now easily enabled as an attribute of the object. I still wish the arrows were easier to see, and the loops didn't go straight through the staff when the nodes are notes, but the performers did not seem to find it a big deal.

As always, thank you Daniele and Andrea for creating the tools that made this possible. Wishing everyone another happy and productive decade of bACH.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: [SHARE] Tribute to dada.graph

Post by danieleghisi » Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 am

This sounds amazing, congratulations, I really like how Ockeghem is everywhere and nowhere at once. Lovely! Glad dada.graph helped in the process. Incidentally, I will add an @arrowsize attribute, that should be easy to do. (And when I have time, I'll try to think about displaying loops in a better format, I understand your point.)

Lauprellim

Re: [SHARE] Tribute to dada.graph

Post by Lauprellim » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:20 pm

Very good performance and conception. Really loved the end. The singers did exceptionally well despite being masked — not easy. Thank you so much for sharing!