dada.cartesian zooming with mouse - adjust speed of zoom?

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "dada" environment.
chrischandler

dada.cartesian zooming with mouse - adjust speed of zoom?

Post by chrischandler » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:36 pm

I am using dada.cartesian to via a database of sounds analyzed with ears.essentia (which is fantastic!). I want to be able to quickly zoom in/out of clustered data points with the mouse. On Mac, I've found that holding command + scrolling will adjusted horizontal zoom and option + command + scrolling will adjust vertical zoom.

The speed of the scrolling with the mouse is slow and I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust it. For instance, when using attrui to view the center point in real time while I scroll zoom, I can see that the center point moves in resolution of around 0.01 or even finer amounts. Is there a way to scale that so it zooms in/out more quickly? Pinch to zoom would be amazing, but I imagine that might be more of heavy lift to implement.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: dada.cartesian zooming with mouse - adjust speed of zoom?

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:53 pm

Hello,

unfortunately (as far as I know) there is no way to implement a pinch-zoom within the Max API. If someone knows otherwise, please let me know.
On the other hand, it makes sense to expose an attribute for zooming speed, throughout the dada library. I'll work on it.
(Consider that adding Shift makes the zoom even finer)

Best,
Daniele