ezsynth~ and chord instead of note

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "cage" environment.
Tj Shredder

ezsynth~ and chord instead of note

Post by Tj Shredder » Fri May 24, 2019 8:42 am

I had the problem, that ezsynth~ stopped playing after adding and changing some slots and attributes. Finally it got it back working by enhancing the bach.keys inside ezsynth~ with this [bach.keys note chord stop stopnote stopchord format @keep 1 @out nnnt] and adjusting the corresponding outlets. (I was simply guessing, not too much of understanding the patch...)
Ok that probably worked because I have only single notes within my score. If the play mode outputs chords instead of notes ezplay~ should still work...
Those who made that abstraction are probably way faster than me to enhance ezsynth~ to play the chord syntax correctly as well. Took me quite a while to figure out why it wasn't playing any more...;-)
It also seems, that there are standard places for stuff like amplitude, but they are not named consistently throughout the examples. Often that 1st slot is used for amplitude, but more often its called "amplitude envelope". That is a bit confusing. If there where a standard for certain slots we could rely better on what they do and abstractions using those will work in different contexts better...