nested(?) metascores

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "cage" environment.
principe7613

nested(?) metascores

Post by principe7613 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:35 am

Hello Daniele & Andrea,

I'm making my first steps into the mysterious, but magnificent cage.meta-world...
Trying to create some first 'process'-patches (I love this concept, btw!!) I was wondering whether you implemented the possibility of nesting meta-engines?

As in: "main patch contains metascore M" >> "calls basic processes P, R & Q who themselves build little metascores P, R & Q inside their respective bellies (possibly added manually after render), and from this 'inside metascores' deeper nested processes are called"... and so on;
This supposes a sort of 3-level structure, but I foresee multilevel structures...
But this depends on the possibility of nesting metascores... so hence my question :)

And in the hopeful scenario that the answer is 'yes', should I be careful with certain elements, like instance-ID's, etc? And if not possible, which work-arounds or approaches would you suggest to build this kind of multi-level nested processes?

Ready to dive in!
And ever so grateful for all the fantastic packages!
All the best,

Joost

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: nested(?) metascores

Post by danieleghisi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi Joost,

I have never tried it, but in principle that should work... any machine is by default given a unique name, so you should have no conflicts on that side.
But probably Andrea can say something more precise...
Keep us posted if that works :)
d

principe7613

Re: nested(?) metascores

Post by principe7613 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks for the info, Daniele!
I will post some patches here when they work more or less decently :-)
All the best!
Joost