font problem in tutorials

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "cage" environment.
perti

font problem in tutorials

Post by perti » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:28 pm

hello,

i'm trying to follow the cage tutorials for cage 0.3.1 beta. the open randomly, sometimes getting a blanck window. when they open ok there's some problem with the font, with accidentals specificly, in *some* of them. sorry i can't be more specific , as tutorials open unpredictably. this is on win64 max7.0.1.
thanks,
regards,
marcelo

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: font problem in tutorials

Post by danieleghisi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi perti, thanks for reporting. I confess I have no clue about why this happens. If at any point you have some non-random weird behavior, please report it, we'll try to do our best to inspect it.

Daniele

perti

Post by perti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:15 am

ok, thanks for your kind reply. it must be something on my side. i left bach aside for some time. i tried again yesterday and it's working. but still there must be a problem with the accidentals font. flats are displayed with a BIG b and sharps with a BIG #. this happens in the cage tutorials.
thanks again,
marcelo

perti

Post by perti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:29 am

hello again,

this is to specify a bit further the accidentals font problem of my previous post. tutorial 1 to 5, and 8-9 are the ones who exhibit the problem. also, tutorial 11 is missing Earthworms.maxpat file, informs the console window. this is on both max 32 and 64 bits.
hope this helps a bit,
thanks again, great software!
regards,
marcelo

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:31 am

Thanks Marcelo,

we've fixed them all for next release. For the time being, you can manually select the bach.roll/bach.score exhibiting the font issue, then look for the "notationfont" and "accidentalfont" attributes in the inspector, select each one of them and go to Modify Selected Items (the gear icon) > Set to default value

On the other hand, tutorial 5 should not exhibit this issue. Can you confirm?

Daniele

perti

Post by perti » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:12 pm

thanks daniele for taking care. yes tutorial 5 is ok, perhaps i inadvertently included this one in the list.
about changing notationfont and accidentalfont attributes that fix the problem. grazie!
i see it was pointing to boulez font, strange thing is that i had that font installed already.
thanks again,
marcelo