The messages like "onset", "tail" and "score2roll" change musical contents without "bang message"

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
PyoungRyang Ko

The messages like "onset", "tail" and "score2roll" change musical contents without "bang message"

Post by PyoungRyang Ko » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 am

Dear developers,

The messages like "onset", "tail" and "score2roll" change musical contents without "bang message".

For example, when sending the following message into [bach.roll]

Code: Select all

select chord 1 2, onset = onset + 3, tail = tail - 3 - 40
the second chord in the first voice is changed, but [bach.roll] does not send "bang" message from the rightmost outlet.
However, it sends a "bang" message from the rightmost outlet when pressing "CMD + z" to execute an "undo".

How can I get "bang" or any message which tells that any modifications are performed by the "onset" and "tail" messages above?

The same occurs also when sending "score2roll" from [bach.score] to [bach.roll]

Code: Select all

score2roll
How can I get "bang" or any message which tells that "score2roll" finished the job?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by PyoungRyang Ko on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: The messages like "onset", "tail" and "score2roll" change musical contents without "bang message"

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:42 am

Two ways:
1. A trigger suffices, you send the message first, then a bang. Nothing is deferred, so you are good.
2. There should be (but I am away from keyboard so I may be wrong) an attribute telling to send the bang on messages. Can you look for "sendbang" or something like this among the attributes?

PyoungRyang Ko

Re: The messages like "onset", "tail" and "score2roll" change musical contents without "bang message"

Post by PyoungRyang Ko » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Thank you for your answer.
I usually use the first way, and it is a bit confusing.
I could not find "sendbang" attribute.

Thanks!

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:36 pm

I do not see why the first way should be confusing, if anything to me it is the cleanest Max way.
The attribute is called @notifymessages

Hope this helps.

PyoungRyang Ko

Post by PyoungRyang Ko » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:39 am

Thanks!

I
danieleghisi wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:36 pm
I do not see why the first way should be confusing, if anything to me it is the cleanest Max way.
With the second way, I see the process more easily. Haha!