conditional selection, singular vs. plural

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
drakeandersen

conditional selection, singular vs. plural

Post by drakeandersen » Fri May 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi all,

Hoping for clarification on using singular vs. plural in conditional selection with bach.score--for example: "sel rests if symduration == 4" vs. "sel rest if symduration == 4." Only the plural works in my patches, but the singular is given as the example within the Notation Help Center bpatcher under Conditional selection for notes, etc. To add to my confusion, the singular "note" or "rest" does work within the bpatcher (but again, not in any patch I build myself). Has the singular "note," "rest," etc. been deprecated? Or does it have a specific and distinct function? Thanks! -DA

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: conditional selection, singular vs. plural

Post by danieleghisi » Sun May 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi. "sel rests" select ALL rests, while "sel rest if symduration == 1/4" only selects rests with duration of 1/4.
Plural is just for selecting all elements, singular is for selecting them one by one.
This should be the behavior, at least: if you have a bug, can you post a snippet of patch? In your case, do you rests of duration 4 seem very long, did you perhaps mean 1/4?

Hope this helps,
Daniele

drakeandersen

Re: conditional selection, singular vs. plural

Post by drakeandersen » Wed May 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Got it. I realized I was putting 4 for symduration when I meant 1. No bug--just me! Thanks.