unexpected sound with orchidea.play~

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
jerome

unexpected sound with orchidea.play~

Post by jerome » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi Daniele,

I made a patch for Orchidea on Ircam Forum : https://forum.ircam.fr/projects/detail/myorch/

Everything seems to work well but I added a orchidea.play~and it glitches… I've did several patching test but no way to make it sound well.

Is it a bug or did I do something wrong ? I tested with bach.roll and bach.score, with less voices (20 as you did in the maxhelp), several orchestra… well, I don't know why I have this "ticks' with notes…

Thank in advance,

Memories from Ircam curse in 2015 !

Best,

Jerome
Attachments
Archive.zip
patcher and alias patchers
(34 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

jerome

Re: unexpected sound with orchidea.play~

Post by jerome » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi Daniele and everyone,

Orchidea.play~works only when @detune 0 (chromatic mode) is used, elseway, it clicks…

See picture attached. As Orchidea processes in 8th of tone, I loose something important for me.

Hoping it helps for fixing that…

I don't really know who makes what with Orchidea but I can't contact Carmine Cella…

Best,

Keep safe,

Jerome
Attachments
bug.png
bug.png (15.32 KiB) Viewed 2705 times

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: unexpected sound with orchidea.play~

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi Jerome, this is very much off topic here, because it has nothing to do with bach.
IN any case the issue of orchidea.play~ with detune on is that the transposition is based on a gizmo~ (i.e. pfft~) in a poly~ which may have spectral stuff left over from previous operations, I think you may want to modify the patch by clearing the pfft~ first and possibly add some delay before turning off the poly~ instance.
Hope this helps,
d