Bach.eval | sharing patch examples | Flageolets

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
sydy

Bach.eval | sharing patch examples | Flageolets

Post by sydy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Hy,

Here's another example with bach.eval usage.
Ever had your head mixed up in a score with flageolets for string instruments? Yes, it can be confusing – specially if you have a scordatura. The most problematic is to run through your flageolets tables – it's boring.
As I've been through this, I built a little tool for advance usage of flageolets. It's configured for vl, va, vc, cb and guitar.
1. It calculates for each instrument and each string all the flageolets according to the tuning of each string – which is nice if you want a scordatura for some of the strings. You can then open this table as a separate window.

2. If you're looking for a flageolet you can just enter the note as frequency, midicent or as symbol and the rest is done by the patch. It will give you every flageolet possible of every instrument for the given note. And, of course, you can exclude instruments so you're note bothered by results you're not looking for.

Have fun.
M

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vdt6ftkpvmbq ... axpat?dl=0
(updated 09.03.20 – there was a mistake :–)

TWTP

Re: Bach.eval | sharing patch examples | Flageolets

Post by TWTP » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Hey sydy, dropbox link is not working for me, can you re-up?

sydy

Post by sydy » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Here's the patch as attachment. Hope it works. Comments are welcome.
Best,
m
stringinfo.maxpat.zip
stringinfo
(67.64 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

chrischandler

Post by chrischandler » Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Super handy patch sydy. Thanks for sharing. Your bell code is documented nicely- I learned some tricks. I couldn't get the audio working for some reason. Adding common artificial harmonics would be a nice feature but probably add a lot of complexity.