Accellerando/Ritardando / A little example for bach.eval – based on my own learning ...

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
sydy

Accellerando/Ritardando / A little example for bach.eval – based on my own learning ...

Post by sydy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Hy dear Bach-user-community,

This is a little example for a bell.script. It's not an incredible patch. But for those of you dealing with the problems of a new and not yet perfectly well documented programming language the script might present some information – specially about user functions with several steps.
Place the bell script in the same directory as the patch. (CODES ARE AT THE END OF THIS MESSAGE).

So I'm sharing it because I think it contains useful information in this way. I had to ask Andrea – THANK YOU SO MUCH – several times in order to understand the syntax of bell.

The patch creates "written out" accelerandi and ritardandi. The return is basically a list of onsets. In mathematical terms (I'm unfortunately totally stupid in this domain), this is known as arithmetic and geometric progressions. Check it out. The whole code is over documented. I did this in order to help everybody including me to understand how it works.

The second part is a simple quantization tool.

Of course the whole algorithm could be developed in a lot of ways. As a starter you could add different pitches and change the durations of each note – both are static for now.

Hope this helps some of you.
M
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
As I know that Andrea and Daniele are working a lot on the next release and as this costs a lot of working hours I encourage everybody to start supporting bach as Patreons. Small amounts in quantity are always good and we should be grateful for their work. THANKS Andrea and Daniele.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
https://www.dropbox.com/s/japj4cly6ab8m ... axpat?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/quyjnw5sv3ktn ... .bell?dl=0

Ashk

Re: Accellerando/Ritardando / A little example for bach.eval – based on my own learning ...

Post by Ashk » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 am

Thanks