video-score_with_bach

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Isandro Ojeda

video-score_with_bach

Post by Isandro Ojeda » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:18 am

Hello,

I want to do some "video-scores" in bach.roll, and I have a question, maybe a little bit "naif", but anyway...

Can I use external fonts, or custom fonts, can I load images inside bach.roll (or bach.score), in order to make scores more "graphic"... ?

Thanks,

I

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: video-score_with_bach

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:03 am

You can use custom fonts for notation (there is a list of supported fonts, see #fonts in the help center), you can use also non supported fonts for the notehead by using slot linkage.
You cannot put graphics directly (not yet...), but you can draw them on a transparent [lcd] (or bpatcher) put over the score (you can retrieve at any time domain or note pixel position to kept everything aligned, see #domain or #note+pixel)
Daniele

Isandro Ojeda

Post by Isandro Ojeda » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Cool, thanks for your answer!

Another doubt, is there a way tu fix de play head in de middle of the bach.scroll, for example and let pass throw the score itself? :-/

In orther to build a video score system player need some anticipation of what is comming...

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 am

Hi, have a look at the #inscreenpos message.
If you don't need playback but only reading, you should avoid playing the score and scheduling #inscreenpos messages by hand (that's partly what bach.transcribe does).

Hope this helps.