Articulations via message

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
michelez

Articulations via message

Post by michelez » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi!

I am exporting xml files to sibelius and I would like to keep some velocity information and translate it into dynamic/articulation.
One way to do this would be to add an accent (>) each time a note exceeds a certain velocity. I saw that bach.score allows me to add articulations but it seems like I would have to enter it manually. Is there not a way to send messages to bach.score to automate the writing of articulations?

michelez

Re: Articulations via message

Post by michelez » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 pm

I noticed that I can save some information as slot and have the xml read it via the message (directionslots ...) I think this might be a good solution...
Also the "DEfining extras" entry in the bach.roll helpcenter answers my questions

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Articulations are slot based, so in addition you can just use #addslot and its siblings.

Something like
sel note if velocity >100, addslot [articulations acc]
should work fine in your case (but verify that, I'm away from keyboard)

michelez

Post by michelez » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:12 pm

I am building the score all at once from a large llll so I was trying to avoid the iterative method from the bach.roll (which I am sure can be done too): I found out that adding a slot with text (slot 7) and adding dynamics symbols (making sure to add a tosymbol object in between) for each note works even if I will have to do some editing in sibelius (see pic). This is how I formatted the export message "exportxml myfile (dynamicsslot 7)".
Btw in the help file it says to use slot 8 but that did not work for me.
Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (77.29 KiB) Viewed 2459 times