stafflines for multiple clefs?

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Julien_Vincenot

stafflines for multiple clefs?

Post by Julien_Vincenot » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:05 am

Hi again,

Another question in a very different domain :

I'm trying to understand how the stafflines message works — specifying indices only for the ones in need — to realize a notation where only very broad registers are given.

But in my case, each voice has several clefs (like FGG), and it seems the message doesn't allow to address line indices for a specific clef separately.

Example :
- stafflines 3 -> all the clefs display 3 central lines
- stafflines [3] -> all the clefs display 1 central line (the one with index 3)

but :
stafflines [1] [3] [5] -> only the lowest line is displayed on each clef
stafflines [[1] [3] [5]] -> all lines disappear

I'd expect one of those to give me respectively the first, third and fifth lines of each clef, top to bottom. Does it make sense?

Maybe this could be useful to someone else, obviously I can fake that with live.line in the meantime... :)
--
Julien Vincenot
creator of the MOZ'Lib package

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: stafflines for multiple clefs?

Post by danieleghisi » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi, you are correct: indices apply to all staves of a multistaff voice.
If you need something else, maybe you can use a single staff voice and drawing a fake clef above or below that? Staff lines can of course have negative indices, such as [-5 5 10].

Julien_Vincenot

Re: stafflines for multiple clefs?

Post by Julien_Vincenot » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Oh I see, yes I didn't think I could fake that, but actually in my case the bach.roll are in modules
that might address different instruments with different staves configurations of the clefs attribute.
It's much easier to have simply an argument to the module where each has a the correct FFG or FGG, GG etc.

Defining for each which is the "central" clef and how to draw the fake ones above or below could become overkill, in comparison of having fake live.lines... I'll think about it, thanks !
--
Julien Vincenot
creator of the MOZ'Lib package