crash in bach.tree help file

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Tj Shredder

crash in bach.tree help file

Post by Tj Shredder » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 am

I clicked on the presets, to see what it will display, then clicked on the bang for "output the diplayed llll from the left outlet".
It crashes reproducible. newest bach 0.8 beta... and Max 8.0.6 beta on Sierra...

As we are on bach.tree, I would like to have a better spreading of elements, at least as long there is space. It would be nice if the paranthesis nodes which spread out in several nodes in the nex level would be centered to those. Instead of being equally distributed somehow. If I look at a complex llll its hard to see the structure, as some nodes in the higher levels are too close to the others though there would be enough space to show it clearer...
bach.tree_crash_log.txt.zip
(34.87 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: crash in bach.tree help file

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:50 am

Thanks for reporting the crash, it's fixed for next release.
Also there is an issue with recovering bach.tree presets created from previous older versions of bach (this is a little backward compatibility break).
Fixed as well.
As we are on bach.tree, I would like to have a better spreading of elements, at least as long there is space. It would be nice if the paranthesis nodes which spread out in several nodes in the nex level would be centered to those. Instead of being equally distributed somehow. If I look at a complex llll its hard to see the structure, as some nodes in the higher levels are too close to the others though there would be enough space to show it clearer...
Yes, I would like that too. ;)

Tj Shredder

Re: crash in bach.tree help file

Post by Tj Shredder » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:13 pm

danieleghisi wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:50 am
Yes, I would like that too. ;)
A zoom function might be also helpful and maybe easier to implement...