articulations and xml

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
pableu

articulations and xml

Post by pableu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello All,
I am having problems with the whole articulation procedure in Bach 8.0 with Max7
First of all when I get a score from quantize object, the Bach.score is not longer responsive to the articulation related messages, actually after quantize dump, the slot no longer exists. However I managed to find a work around exporting an xml and reimporting it to a Bach.score that didn't have relation with the quantize object. Then, the articulations messages are working. I understand that maybe it is an issue of the beta version, so it's fine to do that workaround.

Then another problems comes, and this would be my request for help, is that when I have the Bach.score with all the articulations and special noteheads I need, when I open the XML file in Finale, only the X noteheads are recognised, would be so good, to understand how I could do this whole workflow, because it would really improve my speed for composing with extended techniques notation direct in Bach, thus saving lot of time!

Any ideas are welcome :D

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: articulations and xml

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Hi pableau, that is weird, please post a minimal patch reproducing the behavior, so that we can inspect it.

As far as noteheads XML export is concerned, I think that the forthcoming version will improve that significantly, but I'll let Andrea fill in the details.

pableu

Post by pableu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Hey Daniele,
Thanks for you answer!
I did everything from scratch copying again objet from the examples in Bach 8.0 and I solve the articulations problem I had.
Sorry but It was clearly my fault. Probably because I mixed some objects from 7.9 with 8.0

About the XML export I can't get Finale (2014.5) to recognise the the lefthandpizzicato articulations, or the accent notehead,
accent articulations and X noteheads are recognised after importing trough Dolet 7 plug-in.

Thanks you for this awesome library for Max! I hope you could fix this or please tell me what else could I try.

andreaagostini

Post by andreaagostini » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi,
there has been substantial work in the xml area since we released the first bach 0.8, so my advice is to hold your breath for bach 0.8.1. The plan is to release it shortly, as we have kept saying since quite a long time: but this time I’m confident it’s real!
On the other hand, if you want to send along an example patch and you’re not super-hurry I’ll be happy to give it a look to make sure that things work as expected in the forthcoming release.
Cheers,
andrea