Note velocities into colors

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
rafal

Note velocities into colors

Post by rafal » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Hi,
First of all big respect for the work
I'm quite new to bach, spent last days of going through your tutorials, which are btw. great!

I was wondering if there is an example of representing a recorded velocity in different colors of noteheads, ie. very soft velocities in blue and fortissimi red etc.
Is there a efficient way to achieve that by recording a live stream of midi notes?

thanks in advance!

greetings from vienna,
rafal

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Note velocities into colors

Post by danieleghisi » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:05 pm

HI, have a look at the @showvelocity attribute (or "velocityhandling" if you are on a very old bach version), there's an option for that (color spectrum).

If you want to use other colors, the best way is to set up a color slot, link it to the note color and assign it via some sort of lambda mechanism. See #color+slot, #lambda.

d

rafal

Post by rafal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanks, that was very helpful. Is it also possible to live record data into the slots together with the midi notes? ie. i'm using bach.transcribe to record a melody and simultanesly i want some other midi cc to be attached to the slots. unfortunately i cannot find any example in the help files/tutorials..

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 am

Yes you can.
Are you using the website release 0.8?
There should be a tab in the bach.transcribe help file (I'm on my phone so I cannot check right now).