A Few Requests

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Oneiroi

A Few Requests

Post by Oneiroi » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:44 pm

Hi, I have a few questions and possible requests :

- Is it possible to edit accidentals spacing (relative to the noteheads)? I find them to be a bit too far to my liking.
- Is it possible to remove selection color when losing focus? As far as I understand it, if @keepselectioniflostfocus is set to 0, selected notes aren't considered selected anymore if the object loses focus (so no operation on selected notes is possible), but they still display as being selected. I'd prefer if they would correctly display as being unselected.
- Is it possible to know through messages if an object is in focus (ie: get @focusstate (0 or 1) )? I have many small bpatchers of bach.roll in my patch and I'd love to perform some operations but only on the focused object.
- I would love it if there were a bit more notable display differences between focused object and the rest. Right now, the border is only slightly thicker, but if there were attributes in the inspector window such as @focusbordersize and/or @focusbordercolor that would be even better!
- I would also very much love to have a keyboard shortcut for quickly switching enharmonicity for selected note(s). I know I can set the default enharmonicity, but I still have to do many manual adjustments and it's a bit cumbersome having to right-click all the time.

Thank you for your amazing work, I have just started investigating and using bach and it's an amazing environment! Keep up the good work!

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: A Few Requests

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:36 pm

Hello,

I understand your points.

On some, I agree completely. We could have an "getfocus" query, this makes sense. Also a @bordersize and @focusbordersize. I will add these.

Others would be equally easy to expose, such as the distance between accidentals and notes, but I hesitate on those, because bach is not a typesetting software, and there is a thin line to tread upon... But I promise I'll think about this as well!

One of them was a small bug: keepselectioniflostfocus didn't properly refresh the object. Fixed for the next whatever.

Finally, there is already an enharmonicity shorcut: Cmd+R (mac) or Ctrl+R (win). Hope this will be enough!

Best,
Daniele

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:52 pm

Hi Daniele,

Thank you for your reply and consideration! I'm glad to hear some of those will be implemented. Also, I guess I overlooked the keyboard shortcut for enharmonicity...glad that is already there!

Is there a way to get notified about updates?

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:29 pm

Hello,

I'll implement all of them, except for the accidental spacing – of which I'm not yet convinced, but I'll think about it :-)
We usually share from time to time development releases with our patrons on the Patreon page. That is usually the way to have bleeding-edge versions with brand new features...

Best,
Daniele