crash on attribute selection of bach.roll

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Tj Shredder

crash on attribute selection of bach.roll

Post by Tj Shredder » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 am

Just by adding an attrui, connecting it to bach.roll and only selecting "Number of Voices per part". Happens reproducible always, even with fresh objects...
Crash bach.roll.txt.zip
(26.73 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: crash on attribute selection of bach.roll

Post by danieleghisi » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi, thanks for notifying.

Can't reproduce here (can anyone else reproduce it?): could be because we have already fixed it, but I suspect that it has something to do with bach installation, given your weird "EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)" crash log...
Do you have bach objects hanging around in your search path? Have you tried to delete all bach objects and reinstall it? (just download the folder and put it in packages).

Let me know!
d

Tj Shredder

Post by Tj Shredder » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 am

danieleghisi wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:22 pm
Hi, thanks for notifying.

Can't reproduce here (can anyone else reproduce it?): could be because we have already fixed it, but I suspect that it has something to do with bach installation, given your weird "EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)" crash log...
Do you have bach objects hanging around in your search path? Have you tried to delete all bach objects and reinstall it? (just download the folder and put it in packages).

Let me know!
d
I installed by dragging the downloaded 8.0.1 into the packages. This actually results in a conflict message in package manager which I simply ignore. I would love to test it with a bleeding edge version. How do I get hold of it? (I am subscribed as patreon...)
I'd like to try that before sending it to the Max beta list, as it could be a bug in Max 8.0.6b as well...

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:47 am

Hi, I'll send you some links privately today.
Thanks for joining us on Patreon, we are transitioning to a Patreon-based model and we will make an official announcement soon (that took more than expected)...