Problem installing fonts

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
peter

Problem installing fonts

Post by peter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:00 am

I appear to have installed the music fonts incorrectly, as they are not being displayed within bach (bach 0.7.7, Max7(64)). I have downloaded the Boulez and Accidentals fonts as recommended, placing the Accidentals font within the bach folder, where the Boulez font was already located. I then placed the bach folder (along with cage) into Max's packages. I have tried deleting and replacing the fonts as well as changing the Notation Font from within Max's (Options > Object Defaults) to Maestro (which is already on my system). Any suggestions?

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Problem installing fonts

Post by danieleghisi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:21 am

Hi Peter,

you should really *install* the font, not just copy it in the package folder. If you're on Mac, double click on it, and a window should pop up and you should have an "Install font" button. If you're on Windows, you might want to follow this.

I also seize your question in order to give you all guys a good piece of news: in the next bach version (not very soon, but still...) nobody is ever going to have font issues any more.
Thanks to Robert Piéchaud, bach will have its own dedicated font, "November for bach" (a light version of the wonderful November font), which you will NOT even need to install or care about, since it'll be automatically charged for you only when you need it.

All this to say: we know installing fonts prevents bach from being really plug'n'play. Proud to say that this is gonna change right from the next version.

Daniele

peter

Re: Problem installing fonts

Post by peter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Hello Daniele

Thank you for your reply and advice. The fonts are now displayed correctly in bach.