Bach.transcribe exit changed?

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Laurent Pigeolet

Bach.transcribe exit changed?

Post by Laurent Pigeolet » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi,

In Max 6, I builded a patch to capture messages from the exit of bach.transcribe object. It shows all informations in real time (inscreen position, tail a.s.o) (see image 1)
Transcribe 1.png
Transcribe 1.png (83.52 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
(It took me a lot of hours!)
In Max 7, it doesn't work anymore because messages from bach.transcribe are not the same (see image 2)
Transccribe 2.png
Transccribe 2.png (81.16 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
. How can I retrieve the same kind of informations than in the first version?

Many thanks,

Laurent.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Bach.transcribe exit changed?

Post by danieleghisi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi,

As the first outlet says in its annotation, what comes out from [bach.transcribe] is now an llll (notice that [bach.transcribe] is now an external, and no longer an abstraction: in principle faster than before).

Lllls are output by default in NATIVE form by any bach module, as you can see from the "bach.llll" stuff coming out, unless you provide – as usual for any bach object – the @out attribute.

To get the "previous behavior", just use [bach.transcribe @out t].
If you haven't done that already, you might want to follow the first tutorial (Hello world) to know more.

Daniele

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Bach.transcribe exit changed?

Post by danieleghisi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:01 pm

As a side note, I would not slice the llll in textual form as you do (ok, in this simple case this may work, but in general you'll have to be sure to match parentheses properly). Use [bach.insert] for this task, instead.
In general, you'll have a easier life if you build lllls via bach objects (bach.join, bach.wrap, bach.flat, bach.pick, bach.slice, bach.subs...)

d