Bug? Popup menu doesn't work with trackpad

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Zhcam

Bug? Popup menu doesn't work with trackpad

Post by Zhcam » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Hey Guys,

I want to thank you for bach. This is a great tool and I hope support for it continues to grow. The new features are great as well.

After using it for months I have just learned that there is a regular popup context menu like many other apps. I didn't realize this because on my system this function has never worked with the built-in keyboard/trackpad - that is, ctr+left click and two-finger tap don't work with the trackpad. I have even tried simulating these events, along with right-click, with Bettertouchtool without luck. The only circumstance where it does work is when I plug a mouse into my laptop and right-click with that.

I am on MacOS 10.12.6, and have tested this on various versions of Max, including the Beta bundled with Ableton Live 10. I have both Bettertouchtool and Karabiner which route keyboard and trackpad events and have tried disabling them without any difference (they have never created this type of issue before).

Is there something I can do to get this to work? If there isn't a way to correct this on my end, could you allow for a message to be sent to the bach.score and bach.roll objects to instantiate the menu?

Thanks

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Bug? Popup menu doesn't work with trackpad

Post by danieleghisi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,

I am on Mac OSX 10.13.2 and the two-fingers-tap works perfectly. The same was true when I was on 10.10.
Are you sure that you have "Secondary click" turned on in System Preferences > Trackpad?

d

Zhcam

Post by Zhcam » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:10 am

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for responding. Yes - that's exactly what happened. I had forgotten that I had disabled that in conjunction with using the other softwares I had mentioned. I apologize for implying that it was a bug, when it was an oversight on my part!

jerome

unallow the pop up menu…

Post by jerome » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:47 pm

Hello,

I'm using bach.roll and I would like to unallow the pop up menu which is display with [right-click]

See attached,

Many thanks in advance,

Best,

Jerome
Attachments
popup-menu.png
popup-menu.png (29.9 KiB) Viewed 3242 times

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:13 pm

Set the "preventedit" attribute to "popup"