Building a Collective issue

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
ihcob

Building a Collective issue

Post by ihcob » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi there - I've used bach.roll in a relatively simple Max patch, and unfortunately when I export the patch as a collective, the bach.roll object is shaded out when the collective is opened on other computers. The max window reads: bach: bad installation, bach.roll: no such object. Presumably something isn't being included automatically in the collective that belongs! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Best wishes & happy new year.

* Resolved: I've just created a folder on my desktop, and included in it the files listed under 'list externals and subpatcher files' for my patch along with a selection of the contents found within the bach packages folder, and everything seems to be working fine once this folder is included in the collective. It's a shame that Max cannot properly assign the required files to the collective automatically (at least with bach), I may pester them over at Cycling '74 with an e-mail!

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Building a Collective issue

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:20 pm

I understand. There's a new tutorial about standalone applications (you can access it from the bach.overview), which I think may partially apply to collectives as well, but that'll probably be already the things you've done yourself.
As you suspected, there's no way to do that work automatically, as long as Cycling'74 does not provide a way to do so...

Pohlmann

Post by Pohlmann » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Do you think we'll ever get a way to do it automatically, Daniele? That'd be such a neat feature and it would save so much time.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 pm

I'd be as happy as you if that happend, but unfortunately we can't do anything about it, unless Cycling '74 sets in place a mechanism to allow that.
We've been asking this very feature ourselves, with no luck (till now). We also understand, however, that it's probably not a top priority for Cycling 74's guys. I guess that this might change, if a critical number of people ask about that feature ;-)