Bach.times

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Electrumpet

Bach.times

Post by Electrumpet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:42 pm

Dear list,

I try to make my patches work on a windows machine and that seems to be working.

There are some bach objects though that are not recognised in the windows version.

bach.* has to be spelled like bach.times and I guess that there are a few more objects like this that have to be spelled differently in Windows patches...

Best, Hans.

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Bach.times

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi,

[bach.times] is the actual name of [bach.*] (exactly as [times] is the actual name of [*]). But they should work both fine, provided that you have the file "bach-database.txt" in the "init" folder (that file defines the alias).

Is this is the case?

d

Electrumpet

Re: Bach.times

Post by Electrumpet » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:48 am

Hi Daniel,

I found the error. I put the whole Bach folder (the parent folder with both the MAC and Windows folders in it) within the packages folder instead of only the bach subfolder for Windows. I had to download my bach version on the MAC and transferred it to the windows computer. Putting the bach folder one level up was also needed in order to let the windows-applications that I build work. (the reason I needed to use Windows in the first place) Everything seems fine now.

Thanks.

Best, Hans.