Tempoediting for read-in Midifile

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Julian

Tempoediting for read-in Midifile

Post by Julian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Hey,

we have an issue with the tempoediting in bach.score.
We have a read-in Midifile and tempo should be 70 bpm per quarternote having a measure of 4/4.
We somehow adjusted the tempo for every bar to 70 (to be honest i don't know how i did it...).
the thing is, that the first bar always keeps "bouncing back" to 120 bpm at every new start of the patch.
Is there anyway to define the tempo for the whole read-in Miditrack without any differences between the bars, ant ofcourse without deleting the Midinotes?

We simply couldn't get it work with any of the help-mentioned commands.

Thanks in advance!
Julian

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Tempoediting for read-in Midifile

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi Julian,

I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. Can you post a snippet of patch reproducing the behavior?
You might want to send a "cleartempi" to delete all tempi, before adding a new one at the beginning (e.g. by right clicking on the measure and then Pop Tempo Out, then click on the tempo, Cmd+I or Ctrl+I, and modify its parameters in the inspector).

An "addtempo" message might be a good idea for the future, though.
If you have multiple voices, you might risk to be needing to do this more than once. The best alternative, in this case, might be to "manually" modify the Measureinfo gathered syntax as you wish (see #measureinfo+syntax and #separate+syntax).

Hope this helps, and send a snippet if you need more help.
d

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Tempoediting for read-in Midifile

Post by danieleghisi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:16 pm

"addtempo" message added for next release.
You will be able to do something like "cleartempi, addtempo (1/4 70)" to set a given tempo for the whole score.

d