Selected note properties

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
Tj Shredder

Selected note properties

Post by Tj Shredder » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi bach list,

I am new here and need help for a seemingly easy problem, but I could not find the solution that easily.
I got a XML score and could import that into bach.score. Now I have to correct the pitches, as they are supposed to have microtonal values. I set up everything nicely to change the pitch by entering frequencies or pitch bend values. That will set the correct pitch...

But what is missing, is the abilty to read out the actual pitch of a note I clicked on. It is displayed in the score window, but I haven't found a way to get this info out of bach.score. What am I missing? I would expect that there must be a way to get some sort of llll with all the info of a clicked note including the "address". Then I could take that, mangle the info and send it back, either to the same note or another...

thanks for listening...

Stefan

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: Selected note properties

Post by danieleghisi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi, the easiest way is to send a "dumpselection" message and retrieve the information about selected items from the playout (or simply press V). See #dumpselection in the help center. More advanced way to do similar things is by defining #commands.

However, these do not apply when a note is clicked, only after a key is pressed...
Hope that'll work for you...

Tj Shredder

Post by Tj Shredder » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah, found out I could do it with that additional key, but an "onclick" attribute would be very nice though...
thanks anyway...

Stefan

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi, feature request recorded.
Not so hard to do (but by default it will be off), so I guess it could make the probable autumnal "big" release!
d