user-defined accidentals: natural sign?

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
josephbranciforte

user-defined accidentals: natural sign?

Post by josephbranciforte » Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

anyone know how to explicitly specify a natural sign with user-defined accidentals in bach.score?

an argument of 0/0 removes any accidental signs from the specified, but i'd to be able to force a natural sign.

alternatively, is there any way to do this using enharmonic tables or through some other algorithmic means?

i am ultimately looking for a way to display cautionary accidentals -- however, i am employing side-by-side instances of bach.score with active notation jumping back and forth between them (an infinite A/B repeat structure), so the usual built-in cautionary accidental options will note work in this case.

thanks!
joe

--
http://www.josephbranciforte.com

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: user-defined accidentals: natural sign?

Post by danieleghisi » Wed May 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi, I'm not sure I've understood the issue. Don't standard cautionary accidentals work for you? (See #cautionary+accidentals in the help center)

Best,
d

josephbranciforte

Post by josephbranciforte » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi Daniel-

Cautionary accidentals will not work in this case because, as I mentioned, I am using 2 side-by-side instances of the bach.score object to display my notation (measure 1 displays in left bach.score, m.2 in right bach.score, m.3 in left bach.score, and so on). Essentially, I just need a way of explicitly forcing a natural sign for a given note. Is that possible?

Thanks a bunch-
Joe

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:41 pm

Not yet. sorry about that...