voice-1 moves forward

Discussions, advice, bug reports and much more about the "bach" environment.
belljonathan

voice-1 moves forward

Post by belljonathan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi guys,

I thought I'd have a go at posting on this great forum!

So I think I found a bug in bach.roll :)
If you delete something in a voice (here, voice No 10) with command+x (strangely this doesn't happen the "delete" button), the length of the deleted passage is also deleted in voice 1. In other words, it decreases all the onsets in voice-1, which presumably is not what you want.

Maybe these pictures will make it a bit clearer?
before delete
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1B-B ... NvbFE/view
after
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1B-B ... pWWXc/view

Otherwise, I once saw a post about a request about a G clef sounding an octave lower for Tenor. I agree it would be really useful, since today's tenors hardly read proper tenor clefs :)

Finally, keep up with your wonderful work, it's amazing!

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Re: voice-1 moves forward

Post by danieleghisi » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your words.

About clefs: we did accept the feature request. I can confirm that next version will feature G8va, G8vb, G15ma, G15mb, and same for F's.
G8 will be just short for G8va, and so on (clef backwards compatibility preserved).

About the cut issue: I can't reproduce on the development version I'm using. Could be something we have already fixed, but just to dispel all doubts, could you post a little snippet with a minimal bach.roll causing the trouble?

Thanks!
Daniele

belljonathan

Post by belljonathan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:36 am

Hi again,

So I upgraded from 0.7.9 to 0.7.9b but this little problem seems to remain. Sorry, I should have indeed made a more minimal example, so here is one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1B-B ... ZfazA/view

Again, if you press the delete key, it's all good. It's only with cut with command-x that the bug occurs, at least on my machine.

Finally, I've read posts about Mira, and I understood that it wouldn't work for now... Let me just add that I've had the chance to try Bach.roll on a pc laptop touchpad, and it seemed to work great :)

Hope that helps!

danieleghisi
Site Admin

Post by danieleghisi » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:46 am

Hi,

No, your example was great, I was just wondering if you could send us the actual patch, not the image.
However I still can't reproduce, so I assume it is fixed (we've been fixing a lot of stuff in the last months).

About Mira: no, that will not work - but Andrea said in some other thread that there might be room for Miraweb.
We'll investigate, but that'll probably require huge work (you can understand that painting a score is a bit harder than painting a knob ;-), so it probably won't happen very soon.

belljonathan

Post by belljonathan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:55 pm

oh yes, a snippet, sorry... I'll do that next time!